HA Motorsports socketed OBD1 non-Vtec ECU with custom basemap programmed chip package. This is the ideal ECU package for those who'd like to install a chipped ECU with custom programmed chip into their vehicle. Please select your engine and desired chip programming from the drop-down menus. Please include any additional engine setup information in the comments box at checkout and we will program accordingly. We fully test every ECU before shipping for trouble free operation.
NOTE: Our custom basemap program is a BASEMAP only. We have extensive experience developing programming for engines and our basemaps typically run very well, however, it is impossible to develop a final tuned map without having your vehicle here on a dyno for a live tuning session. Due to the large number of factors that affect ECU programming like fuel pressure changes, intake system efficiency, engine wear, engine electrical system condition, etc., we simply cannot guarantee how well your engine will run on our basemaps. This is not to be used as a final tuned program for running your custom engine setup.
- HA Motorsports socketed OBD1 Non-VTEC ECU
- Custom programmed basemap chip
- ECU is fully tested before shipping.
Custom basemap features:
- Any D,B,F, or H series engine program
- VTEC or Non-VTEC engines
- adjust maps for boost tables
- add launch control
- program for larger injectors
- change rev limit
- change VTEC engagement
- check engine light shift light
- unlimited other adjustments available
- suited to your specific engine
- developed using Crome Pro* dealer version
This ECU package is available with Bluetooth option. The Bluetooth option will add our CN2 Bluetooth module and enable datalogging within the chip's programming. This will allow you to wirelessly datalog from a Bluetooth connected Android smartphone or tablet with the TunerView app available in the Google Play store.
- Standard Case: This is the standard bead-blasted casing. This is a clean, like-new finish to the standard ECU casing. (see photos)
- Powder Coated Case: This is the new option to have the casing powder coated in our hammertone grey just like the ECU lids! (see photos)
Top Cover Option: We have two ECU top cover options for you to choose from:
- Standard Top Cover: This is the standard powder coated grey top cover.
- Clear Top Cover: This is the upgraded clear top cover. With this option, we will ship your ECU with the clear lid installed instead of the standard powder coated top cover.
Engine: Select the engine configuration that most closely matches your engine. If your engine is not listed, simply select "OTHER" and leave the information in the comments box at checkout.
Aspiration: Select if your engine is all-motor/na , turbocharged, or supercharged.
Map Sensor: Select the MAP sensor that you are using. This MUST match the map sensor that is on your engine or your car will not run. If your map sensor is not listed, simply select "OTHER" and provide your map sensor information in the comments box at checkout.
Fuel Injectors: Select the fuel injectors that you are using. This MUST match the injectors that are installed on your engine or it will run very poorly if it even runs at all. If your injectors are not listed, simply select "OTHER" and provide your fuel injector information in the comments box at checkout.
Launch Control RPM: Launch control will set a lower rev limit while the vehicle is not moving to work as a launching RPM. When stopped, you will be able to hold the gas pedal to the floor and only rev to the Launch Control RPM until you let the clutch out and begin moving. Once your car begins moving, the regular rev limit will resume. Your speed sensor MUST be working properly for this to work. If your speed sensor is not functioning, the launch control will be stuck engaged even while moving. We recommend to set the launch control RPM to an RPM that allows your tires to very lightly spin when the clutch pedal is released. If you do not wish to have this feature on your basemap, please select "NO LAUNCH CONTROL" and we will not include this feature on your chip's programming.
REV Limit: This should be set to a safe RPM for your engine. A higher REV limit does not necessarily mean more power. Choose a limit that is safe for your engine.
Shift Light: The shift light option will illuminate your check engine light on your dash to serve as an indicator that you are approaching the REV limit. This simply provides an easy way to know when you need to shift to the next higher gear. We recommend setting this 200-400 rpm before the rev limit -or- whatever RPM you'd like to be notified to shift.
Knock Sensor: This ECU does not have knock sensor circuitry, and therefore the knock sensor must be disabled with this ECU.
ELD: This is the Electronic Load Detector. This allows the ECU to detect when an electrical load is placed on the engine (ie: head lights turned on) and raise the idle speed. If you are working on an OBD0 platform (90-91 integra, 88-91 civic/crx) then this should be disabled. Most other platforms can leave this enabled, but will not cause any major problem if left disabled.
Oxygen Sensor: If you have a functioning oxygen sensor installed and would like the ECU to use O2 sensor feedback for emissions, etc. then this can be set to "ENABLED". If you do not want the ECU to use O2 feedback, or you do not have a functioning O2 sensor installed, select "DISABLED". This can typically be left as "DISABLED" on any setup without any problems.
Oxygen Sensor Heater Circuit: The O2 sensor heater circuit allows faster response from the O2 sensor to begin using O2 feedback. If you are using a one wire O2 sensor, leave this as "DISABLED". If you are using a 4 wire O2 sensor and would like this on for emissions purposes, then select "ENABLED".
Why choose an HA Motorsports ECU?
- All HA Motorsports ECU's are produced completely in-house. This allows us to have complete control over the entire production process to make sure you will receive nothing but the best.
- All HA Motorsports ECU circuit boards are socketed and modified right here in our facility using our quality components, then thoroughly tested on our state-of-the-art testing equipment to ensure complete quality control.
- All HA Motorsports ECU's receive a full set of new capacitors installed to ensure long term reliability.
- ECU casings are completely restored to like new condition using our glass bead blasting process.
- Both upper and lower ECU lids receive a high-strength powder coat treatment for a unique, long lasting finish that will protect against rust and corrosion, and then are finished off with a new set of stainless steel screws.
- All HA Motorsports ECU's, products, and services include a One Full-Year VIP Warranty.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
Would I be able to mess around with the rev limiter and 2 step myself or is it set to whatever it set at and you need to go to a dyno to tune it?
This specific ECU package is designed to be tuned using Crome or Crome Pro. You'd need additional hardware and software to make any changes yourself: https://www.hamotorsports.com/pages/tuning-with-crome-the-complete-guide
If you'd like an ECU that is user friendly to make changes yourself, I'd recommend looking into one of our Hondata S300 ECU packages, or our Neptune/Demon ECU packages.