HA Motorsports socketed OBD1 P28 ECU with custom programmed basemap chip package. This package is for those who would like to install our chipped P28 ECU with a custom basemap chip in their vehicle. Please select how you'd like your basemap chip programmed from the drop-down menus. We will custom program your chip as you've ordered and install it into your new ECU for you. Every ECU package is fully tested to guarantee trouble free operation.
Our custom basemap program is a BASEMAP only. We have extensive experience developing programming for engines and our basemaps typically run very well, however, it is impossible to develop a final tuned map without having your vehicle here on a dyno for a live tuning session. Due to the large number of factors that affect ECU programming like fuel pressure changes, intake system efficiency, engine wear, engine electrical system condition, etc., we simply cannot guarantee how well your engine will run on our basemaps. This is not to be used as a final tuned program for running your custom engine setup.
Please leave any additional details on your engine/vehicle setup in the comments/notes box at checkout so that we can program the chip accordingly for you.
Custom basemap features:
• Any D,B,F, or H series engine program
• VTEC or Non-VTEC engines
• adjust maps for boost tables
• add launch control
• program for larger injectors
• change rev limit
• change VTEC engagement
• check engine light shift light
• unlimited other adjustments available
• suited to your specific engine
• developed using Crome Pro* dealer version
- Standard Case: This is the standard bead-blasted casing. This is a clean, like-new finish to the standard ECU casing. (see photos)
- Powder Coated Case: This is the new option to have the casing powder coated in our hammertone grey just like the ECU lids. (see photos)
ECU Covers Option: We have two ECU cover/lids options for you to choose from:
- Standard Covers: This is the standard powder coated grey top and bottom covers.
- Clear Covers: This is the upgraded clear top and bottom covers. With this option, we will ship your ECU with the clear lids installed instead of the standard powder coated covers.
Engine: Select the engine configuration that most closely matches your engine. If your engine is not listed, simply select "OTHER" and leave the information in the comments box.
Aspiration: Select if your engine is all-motor/na , turbocharged, or supercharged.
Map Sensor: Select the MAP sensor that you are using. This MUST match the map sensor that is on your engine or your car will not run. If your map sensor is not listed, simply select "OTHER" and provide your map sensor information in the comments box.
Fuel Injectors: Select the fuel injectors that you are using. This MUST match the injectors that are installed on your engine or it will run very poorly if it even runs at all. If your injectors are not listed, simply select "OTHER" and provide your fuel injector information in the comments box.
Launch Control RPM: Launch control will set a lower rev limit while the vehicle is not moving to work as a launching RPM. When stopped, you will be able to hold the gas pedal to the floor and only rev to the Launch Control RPM until you let the clutch out and begin moving. Once your car begins moving, the regular rev limit will resume. Your speed sensor MUST be working properly for this to work. If your speed sensor is not functioning, the launch control will be stuck engaged even while moving. We recommend to set the launch control RPM to an RPM that allows your tires to very lightly spin when the clutch pedal is released.
VTEC Engagement RPM: This is the RPM at which your VTEC will engage. This should be at an RPM that allows the smoothest transition. If you are unsure about what RPM to use, please select "NOT SURE" and we will set this at the best RPM for you. If you are ordering a basemap for a non-vtec engine, please select "NO VTEC".
REV Limit This should be set to a safe RPM for your engine. A higher REV limit does not necessarily mean more power. Choose a limit that is safe for your engine.
Shift Light: The shift light option will illuminate your check engine light on your dash to serve as an indicator that you are approaching the REV limit. This simply provides an easy way to know when you need to shift to the next higher gear. We recommend setting this 200-400 rpm before the rev limit -or- whatever RPM you'd like to be notified to shift.
Knock Sensor: This ECU does not have knock sensor circuitry, and therefore the knock sensor must be disabled with this ECU.
ELD: This is the Electronic Load Detector. This allows the ECU to detect when an electrical load is placed on the engine (ie: head lights turned on) and raise the idle speed. If you are working on an OBD0 platform (90-91 integra, 88-91 civic/crx) then this should be disabled. Most other platforms can leave this enabled, but will not cause any major problem if left disabled.
Oxygen Sensor: If you have a functioning oxygen sensor installed and would like the ECU to use O2 sensor feedback for emissions, etc. then this can be set to "ENABLED". This can typically be left as "DISABLED" on any setup without any problems.
Oxygen Sensor Heater Circuit: The O2 sensor heater circuit allows faster response from the O2 sensor to begin using O2 feedback. If you are using a one wire O2 sensor, leave this as "DISABLED". If you are using a 4 wire O2 sensor and would like this on for emissions purposes, then select "ENABLED".
Why choose an HA Motorsports ECU?
- All HA Motorsports ECU's are produced completely in-house. This allows us to have complete control over the entire production process to make sure you will receive nothing but the best.
- All HA Motorsports ECU circuit boards are socketed and modified right here in our facility using our quality components, then thoroughly tested on our state-of-the-art testing equipment to ensure complete quality control.
- All HA Motorsports ECU's receive a full set of new capacitors installed to ensure long term reliability.
- ECU casings are completely restored to like new condition using our glass bead blasting process.
- Both upper and lower ECU lids receive a high-strength powder coat treatment for a unique, long lasting finish that will protect against rust and corrosion, and then are finished off with a new set of stainless steel screws.
- All HA Motorsports ECU's, products, and services include a One Full Year VIP Warranty.
- Full product support is available after purchase. Unlike other companies that only want to "make the sale", we stand behind our products. Full product and tech support is available if needed so that you can get the most from your purchase.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
Does this use a 28 pin chip?
I'm looking into this ECU for an h series vtec swap and I have two questions. Does this ecu look for an EGR? Also, does it look for the oil pressure switch at the vtec solenoid? Thank you
P28 ECU's do not have EGR circuitry so there's no check for EGR. Yes, this needs an oil pressure switch, but it can be bypassed if desired as shown here: https://www.hamotorsports.com/pages/vtec-oil-pressure-switch-wiring-bypass
I have a boosted 97 civic with a vitara build d16y8 with a stage 2 turbo cam and 1000cc bosh injectors. Can you create a basemap for my setup?
Yes, we can set up a basemap for this for you. Just be sure to include all of your engine setup info in the comments box at checkout. Also, be sure your tuning/dyno shop offers tuning using the CROME software before choosing this ECU. Some shops only tune with certain systems, so just make sure before purchasing.
What all programs are capable of tuning this ecu? Crom? Anything else
We use and recommend using CROME for this ECU. You can use any chip tuning/editing software that you'd like though as long as you have the appropriate equipment.
Hi good day i am looking at the p28 vtec chip ecu with the custom base map chip can the chip be removed so i can put in a chip i already have?
Absolutely. This ECU uses a "ZIF socket" which allows the chip to easily be swapped out. Simply unscrew the top cover of the ECU, lift the lever on the side of the socket to release the chip, insert your other chip, then close the lever on the socket to hold your chip securely in place. Screw the top lid back on and you'll be ready to go.
Is this Chipped OBD1 P28 VTEC ECU with Custom Basemap Chip Package compatible with Crome, demon and ostrich?
This ECU uses a "ZIF" socket, which is designed to allow a standard 28-pin chip to easily be inserted and removed. Ideally, this should be used with a common programmed chip. However, it can be used with a Demon or Moates Ostrich but the connection to the socket isn't as tight. For use with an Ostrich, we recommend our "crome tuning ready" P28 ECU here: Crome Tuning Ready OBD1 P28 ECU . For use with a Demon, use our "demon ready" P28 ECU here: Demon P28 OBD1 ECU