Tuning With Crome - The Complete Guide
- OBD1 92-95 Honda Civic/Del Sol or OBD1 92-95 Integra ECU that is socketed to accept a 28-pin chip.
- Laptop computer with Windows operating system and at least 1 available USB port.
- A chip programming device - we use and recommend the Moates BURN2.
- A chip to program/use. We use and recommend SST chips.
- In addition to the required items above -
- Crome Pro license - required if you wish to datalog using Crome.
- Moates Hulog datalogger - allows datalogging sensors, etc. while tuning.
- Moates Ostrich - allows uploading tune changes to the ECU in real-time.
- Wideband oxygen sensor - allows viewing/datalogging air/fuel ratios so that you can make the appropriate fueling changes.
Any vehicle/engine combination that can be run from an OBD1 Civic/Integra ECU can be tuned using Crome.
1) The Crome software can be downloaded for free from www.tunewithcrome.com
2) Download, extract, and run the setup file to install Crome on your system. Crome was developed in conjunction with pgmfi.org. For this reason, legitimate install packages will require ‘pgmfi.org’ as the password.
3) Once installed, Crome can be launched by clicking: Start>Programs>CROME>CROME
Note: The free version of Crome does not have data logging capabilities. You will be able to modify fuel maps and even use a Moates Ostrich to change maps Real-Time. However, you will not be able to see live engine parameters from within Crome. Most noticeably, you will not see the purple box indicating your position in your maps. To use the datalogging features requires a Crome Pro License costing $149.
4) To upgrade to Crome Pro, Launch Crome then click: Help->Register->Get Reg String. You will be directed to a webpage where you can purchase a Crome Pro license. Please note that the Pro license purchase is not automated. In other words, you will need to wait for the developer to get you the registration string after purchase. So, if you need a Pro license you may want to purchase this well before you need to begin tuning.
Hardware Setup :